Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thirdstyle: Interview With Vote4Nixon (AKA Tiza)

This place has been dead. Now, for an interview.

How did you get to be involved with the site?
I originally came along as a paid stepper and initially didn't care much about TS other than collecting a nice sum of cash for busting out ricky core files as fast as possible. As I hung out more in chat and got to know the community, I liked the place more and more. Eventually, Ricky pushed for me to be Super Mod and then Admin because I had coding experience.

As of now, I don't really step anymore and just take on TS Admin duties which include adding content to the game, working staff issues, holding meetings whenever I can, and coding TS features every now and then.

How did you become an admin?

I had talked to some of the admins about helping the site out because I knew how to code, though I do Java/Flex (AS3) at work so the PHP/JS web development world was quite new to me, though easy to pick up. One day, with the help of Ricky, I had a Skype call with the legends themselves (Jason, Isak, Ricky, and Tass) and the rest is history.

Favorite/Least Favorite song in the game?

I enjoy a lot of music on TS. It originally was mainly xSORROWxCOREx music, which I actually don't mind much, but now the genres are varied and there are quite a few UNREAL CHOONS on the site. It's hard to pick a most/least favorite.

Favorite/Least Favorite chart in the game?

I don't really pay attention to or remember TS charts much, as I'm pretty much dead in the stepping world in general. I don't have a most/least favorite.

Who came up with the StepCon idea?

As far as I know, that's all Midigami. Props to him for setting up and running the StepCon, and a special thanks to all other organizers and judges involved. Hopefully we get a good turnout of files from it, considering quite a few people signed up!

What was your first reaction to the DragonForce permissions?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAT.

What was your first reaction to the Sony permissions?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Ricky has maaaad connections.

Any future plans for files?

As far as files from me, I don't plan on stepping any time soon, and if I do it's going to be once in a blue moon. As far as files on the site, there's been a massive drought of stepfiles lately and something needs to change. krunkykai22, ichliebekase, and Nocturne have been discussing a few updates to the simfile management area of the site and hopefully soon we'll have a new system implemented.

Any other future plans for the game?

Game development is really isk's thing and it's hard to tell when things will get done. But lately, isk has been more motivated which is a good thing. If that lasts, then the next big updates to the game are definitely going to be MP and possibly a FB version of the game or a widget version we can dump onto Flash gaming portals.

No comments:

Post a Comment