Thursday, October 18, 2012

"AVGN KO Boxing" Review


Labor Of Love?

      Labor of love. This is a homebrew Atari 2600 game based around a popular internet reviewer called the Angry Video Game Nerd. I must warn you, his videos are not NEARLY as family-friendly as this blog. Essentially, it's a boxing game. All the characters have specific patterns. Now, here's where my first complaint comes in. I can tell who most of the characters are meant to represent. But some, I just have no clue on. Second, wouldn't it have been better to play as the nerd instead of having him as the first opponent. I mean, really, THE FIRST OPPONENT! If you can't play as him, at least have him be the final boss or something!
   But, overall, the graphics and music are good, though the only song that plays in the background gets a tad grating after a while. It is a fun little time killer, though, if you're interested.

     Graphics: 7/10 (Decent, but I know the 2600 can do better)
     Controls: 8/10 (Had a bit of trouble with these)
     Audio: 7/10 (Like I said, good, but repetitive)
     Gameplay: 6/10 (Overall pretty good)
     Overall: 6.5/10 (Decent, but nothing special)

No comments:

Post a Comment