Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades" review

     Guitar Hero is dead. At the very least, it's on a hiatus. So, I decided randomly to review the 2nd DS installment. Why? I don't know!

    The game's setlist does not disappoint! I liked songs from all the venues. I'd have to say, my favorite is '80s, and my least favorite is '90s. Lack of Nirvana and then there's "Volcano Girls." Although, due to songs being grouped by decade, the difficulty curve is kinda non-existent. At the very least, the last song (Spoiler Alert), "Sweet Home Alabama" felt harder then some of the previous ones, and, to steal a term from Harmonix, had a great big rock ending. I also enjoy the new characters introduced in this game...or, rather, introduced in it's predecessor AND this game.

   For instance, first we have Gunner Jaxon. He resembles Dave Grohl, and looks freaking awesome in my opinion. Memphis Rose is a cowgirl, which....just, no! The other two characters introduced in this game are also cool, but Gunner Jaxon is my weapon of choice. The graphics are pretty good for Nintendo DS, except the animation doesn't match the song, and ends up looking weird and unnatural. The quality of the sound through the DS speakers, I don't mind, though they encourage you to use headphones. That "completes your gaming experience" and also completes the review.

Gameplay: 8/10
Graphics: 7/10
Audio: 8.5/10
Controls: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment